2018 – Important Dates
There are a couple of important dates coming up this year in relation to business compliance. These come up fairly regularly within the work that we do so we’ve put together a brief note on them.
25th May 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Despite Brexit, on this date, the GDPR takes over from the Data Protection Act (1998) which has become outdated with the dramatic and unforeseen advances in technology and digital communication. Tougher fines will be introduced for non-compliance and people will be given more say over what companies can do with their data.
- Personal data includes any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify the person, including name, email address, photos, posts on social media, medical information or even a computer IP address.
- Data collection must be transparent and lawful
- Retention of data should be limited
- Personal Data must be protected
- Data breaches must be notified
15th September 2018 – ISO9001:2015 upgrade
The International Standards Organisation (ISO) have stated that all annual audits for re-accreditation of ISO9001 after 15 March 2018 must be conducted to the new 2015 standard; this effectively brings the date for compliance forward by 6 months.
Please be free to contact us should you have any queries relating to these – 01472 730 530.